Matanivusi Beach Eco Resort
- Cloud 9
- Diving Resorts
- Family Travel
- Hi Speed Internet
- Island Hopping
- Meals for Purchase
- River Rafting
- Shot Over Jet Tour
- Sky Diving
- Zip Lining
Surf Fiji reef breaks while your partner/ family relax in the comfort and luxury of the beachfront resort with fine food, and resort facilities including a swimming pool. Matanivusi Surf Resort Fiji is the ideal getaway with some of the best surf in Fiji just across the lagoon from the resort. Nestled between the white sandy beach and a meandering creek, the resort has been developed to protect its amazing location. Matanivusi Surf Resort, situated on the Coral Coast on the main island of Fiji, Viti Levu, is the ideal place to get away from it all.
Eco-Resort for Surfers
The owners and developers, Brian & Donna McDonald, found this amazing piece of coastline some 11 years ago. Around the kava bowl with Vunaniu Village Elders they mentioned it would be a great place for a surf resort. There were some great breaks on the reef fringing the turquoise waters of the lagoon. The natural forest to the white sandy beach line, the creek and the untouched beauty indicated that a responsible development philosophy was needed.
The resort has been planned as an eco-resort. The principles being to make as little impact as possible during construction, implement best sustainable operating practices and integration with the local Fijian villagers.
Minimal clearing was done to allow for the main building and the 6 bures. Sited just metres from the sandy beach the buildings are a metre above ground level. Using post and beam construction there has been minimal disturbance to the area. The native vegetation along the beachfront has been maintained and new plantings will protect the beach from any erosion & rising storm surges. There is also a natural rock platform that acts as a buffer to trap the sand on the beach.
- For our sewage treatment we use a biolytix waste management system to reduce local pollution and waste. The effluent is used, to provide underground drip irrigation for the garden.
- Water conservation. The resort collects rainwater in tanks for use throughout.
- Recycling programmes ensure that all waste is sorted and disposed of through commercial contractors
- Educational programs for the local primary and secondary schools.
Kick off your shoes as you won’t need them on the above ground walkways from your bure to the restaurant/games area and you definitely won’t need them to walk the few steps to your beach lounging area.
- Roundtrip Economy class airfare from LAX to Nadi, Fiji
- VIP Meet and Greet
- Round trip transfers to resort via car
- 7 Nights’ Accommodations twin share basis
- 3 meals daily cooked and continental breakfast lunch and dinner
- All Surf Transfers to Local Breaks
- All Local Fishing and Snorkeling Trips
- Use of all Resort Facilities