Fiji People Watching: Lulu Restaurant in Port Denarau
Lulu Restaurant, Café, and Bar is a staple to the Port Denarau marina area. It is a great place to come for breakfast or just to have their famous in-house roasted coffees before you head off the island. Lulu Restaurant is also a terrific lunch or dinner spot if you are staying put in Denarau or Nadi. There is always so much action in the marina and this place provides the perfect people watching spot whether you are sipping coffee or having a meal.
Lulu is the only cafe in Fiji to roast and serve its own coffee. Lulu Coffee is a blend of 100 percent Arabica beans from some of the best coffee growing regions in the world. Lulu Coffee is also available for purchase in a few different sized packages. Just imagine people watching in the marina and having a cup of their amazing coffee in hand. If you are not a coffee drinker, the fresh fruit juices are the item to try!
Lulu Restaurant serves an international cuisine of seafood, burgers, and made-to-order sushi. They are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Lulu philosophy is to use only the best quality ingredients available, prepared in simple yet delicious recipes with friendly Fijian service.
You can have fresh seafood or a killer burger. In fact, the Mick Burger is said to be the best burger in Fiji. And the sushi at Lulu should not be overlooked. The Sushi Bar is located inside the restaurant and named “Umami” meaning pleasant, savory, or the beautiful taste. The bar is stocked with a nice selection of wines, beer, and cocktails. If you like cocktails, try their signature Espresso Martini or Mojito.
In addition their coffee, here are some meal recommendations to try!
- Eggs Jose (served on a flour tortilla topped with their homemade tomato sauce, cheese, mushrooms, spinach, and two eggs sunny side up)
- Bula Roll (tempura shrimp, avocado, coriander, and greens)
- Buddha Roll (crispy tofu, ginger, and greens)
- Mick Burger (seasoned beef patty, crispy bacon, avocado, and melted cheese served on a bun with lettuce, tomato, caramelized onion, and homemade BBQ sauce with a side of crispy fries)
- Vegetarian Samosa (combination of local pumpkin, mixed vegetables, and potato accompanied with a sweet and spicy tamarind sauce)
- Palusami (a local delicacy of oven-baked stuffed local spinach and coconut with grilled tomatoes, caramelized onions, and crispy dalo)
- Coconut Prawns (Pacific prawns coated in coconut and served crispy with a homemade roasted chili dipping sauce)
- Mixed Seafood Sampler (prawns, mahi mahi, kai–fresh water mussels, calamari, sesame seared tuna, virgin bloody mary shot with dill, and garlic crostini)
- Seafood Ravioli (homemade pasta filled with crab meat, feta cheese, and local spinach in a creamy saffron sauce)
Lulu Restaurant is open everyday from 7:30 a.m. to pretty late in the evening (they don’t have a official closing time). The restaurant and bar is located in the Port Denarau marina.