Fiji as a Stopover to New Zealand and Australia
Did you know that we can arrange a Fiji vacation as a stopover to or from Australia and New Zealand as part of a multi-destination trip? It’s another great way to see the beautiful islands of Fiji while visiting nearby countries.
There are plenty of great reasons to combine your Fijian vacation with a visit to New Zealand and Australia:
- Diversity: Because Fiji is unlike any other place on the planet, you’ll be able to mix up your vacation with lots of different things to see and do. You’ll see a lot in a week in two or three countries! Discover unique scenery, white sandy beaches, beautiful blue water, the friendly Fijian people, world-famous luxury resorts, and spas. Take an adventurous Sigatoka River tour, or walk around a village and interact with schoolchildren.
- Reduce long travel days: Some people mind sitting in tiny seats for an extended period of time on long flights. Stopovers could definitely be for you if you are one of these people! One way to reduce air travel (or at least give yourself a break between flights) is to visit several countries during one vacation. By doing this, you’ll give your legs a break from constant travel, depending on where you are traveling from.
- Cost savings: Instead of planning two or three separate trips to Fiji, New Zealand, and Australia, book one trip and stay awhile in each country. This will reduce the cost of airfare because you’ll be paying for one round-trip ticket rather than two or three.
- A break for tropical paradise: Composed of 333 islands, Fiji is a great break for a little tropical paradise and the ideal destination for those seeking relaxation and sunshine in between a trip to New Zealand and Australia.
- The people: Fiji has some of the most welcoming people in the world, and stopping in Fiji will humble you. Spend the day at a Fijian village, walk through a local market, and shop in Port Denarau.
- A great honeymoon idea: We’ve seen many newly married couples come to us with a big dilemma: trying to decide on just one place for their honeymoon! It’s often a difficult decision and a lot of pressure to choose just one place. If you plan a stopover in Fiji, you can sample more than one country; experience idyllic, romantic beaches; and then go see the wildlife and scenery of Australia and New Zealand.
- Explore different parts of Fiji during each stopover: Fiji is made up of so many islands that even if you’ve visited before, you probably haven’t spent time in each part. We recommend a short three- or four-night stopover on the main island of Viti Levu, the Mamanucas, or the Yasawa Islands because it’s quicker to get to these places from the airport. Because getting to northern Fiji takes a bit longer, it’s better to reserve a full week or two to make your trip worthwhile and experience everything there.